The Swiss team has been hard at work as usual, implementing even more options, bugfixes and features into the latest few revisions from r836 to present (currently r856). One of the major updates is new streaming audio emulation, that will allow audio from many previously incompatible games to work fine when launched from SD cards interested into memory card readers, or the bottom-mounted SD2SP2.
The Swiss team will eventually implement this into the Wiikey Fusion as well. At the moment audio buzzing may occur during large ARAM DMA transactions (such as Super Monkey Ball when it’s changing scenes), but overall it seems to be working well! As a note GCLoader users won’t have to worry about this at all.
The team has also sited “Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.” as part of the updates, making this a fairly significant update.
You can download the latest version here and as always, the Swiss team makes this completely free to download: https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases/tag/v0.5r856
Also, here’s all the info you’ll need to get started with optical drive emulation on the GameCube: https://www.retrorgb.com/gamecubeode.html
The complete list of changes since the last update on RetroRGB are as follows:
- Add checks to skip current device when looking for cheats on SD
- Fix free space display in standard view (issue #338)
- New set of device images
- Progress indication changes
- Update text messages
- Make file browser loading progress less annoying
- Fix Qoob DOL loading
- Update credits
- Make file browser loading progress look less bad.
- Don’t assume SD card remain selected.
- Add CPU temperature monitoring.
- Optimize graphics somewhat.
- Round up ELF size correctly.
- Show which devices support game boot.
- Fix UI inconsistency regarding EXI speed.
- Fix PADRead signature matching for Ikaruga.
- Do the minimum needed to get Ikaruga playable on all devices.
- Calculate total space for File Service Protocol and USB Gecko.
- Fix SRAM dumping.
- Show which devices support audio streaming.
- Remove legacy streaming audio emulation and read patches.
- Enable streaming audio emulation for IDE-EXI.
- Add workaround for AX.
- Add streaming audio mixing.
- Add proper license header.
- Add basic streaming audio emulation for SD Gecko.
- Force unlicensed discs through IPL.
- Set development console type when USB Gecko debugging is enabled.
- Fix conflict with software audio mixing.
- Fix issue when a buffer underflow condition occurs in The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask.
- Remove dummy clocks.