Kevin Mellott has just announced the MultiBoy 32: A MicroSD-based ROM/Flash cart! Yes, that’s right, no single loading or configuration, just dump your VB roms and start playing!!! Features include:
- Flash space: 32 slots of 32Mbit RAM via a 1Gbit Flash.
- RAM space: 256k x 16 SRAM space (8k x 16 per slot) using MRAM (no battery needed).
- Full 16bit SRAM bus instead of the production 8bit width.
- On board 32bit microcontroller (MCU) for programming slots.
- USB input for interfacing and control.
- Games loaded via SD card slot.
- On screen game selection themed around Kevin’s 8bit VB character Do-Do.
- Arduino compatible MCU (custom firmware development if you’re so inclined).
Kevin has a stretch goal of using the cart’s USB port as a link cable for 2-player head-to-head (get it ;p) gaming! This is an interesting feature, as I don’t believe any original game supported 2-player mode, so you’d need a flash cart anyway to access this feature. I’m certainly looking forward to playing Mario Tennis and Hyper Fighting in 2-player mode!
Final pricing will be affected by how many people order, but could be around $150. If you’d like to get on the sale list, please email email@example.com and let Kevin know how many you’d be interested in! Delivery is expected around summertime.