Anyone attending the weekly NLBC Wednesday night event on May 8th will have the ability to play and stream the Virtual Boy version of Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting! NYCFurby has graciously offered a table at the event where there will be a full Virtual Tap setup and a livestream on the RetroRGB channels! Anyone attending the event can experience the game in 3D, in RGB…or both!
The NLBC tournament starts at 8PM, but I’ll be there by 7PM for anyone who wants to play. The VB table and stream will be up as long as there’s people wanting to play!
The setup is as follows:
- Two refurbished Virtual Boy consoles
- Full-sized fight stick, or original controller on #1 (your choice)
- Special Edition VB Fight stick provided by Benj Edwards, or original controller on #2
- VB Link cable provided by Kevin Mellott
- Furrtek’s Virtual Tap: Output #1 = 240p RGB output to a Sony PVM monitor for live viewing
- Furrtek’s Virtual Tap: Output #2 = 720p VGA output for streaming
This setup showcases absolutely everything the Virtual Boy homebrew scene has to offer, with pretty much the only “official” piece of equipment being the VB itself! It’s a testament to the developers, modders and players that made this a reality…
…oh and it’s friggin Street Fighter on Virtual Boy!?!?!?!? I hope to see you there, either on-stream or in person!