Pre-orders have just opened for a brand new replacement memory card for the PlayStation 1. The card is designed to contain multiple “virtual memory cards” on a MicroSD that can be selected via an OLED display, essentially allowing for infinite memory storage, all on a single card. It also has some interesting features, like the ability to access the card over wifi and even ODE integration, so the proper VMC is automatically loaded at the same time as the game. You can pre-order yours here and they’re scheduled to ship in about a month:
UPDATE: A new version that’s compatible with both the PS1 and PS2 is now available: https://retrorgb.link/ps2memcardprosmoke / https://retrorgb.link/ps2memcardprocharcoal
MicroSD Cards: https://www.amazon.com/shop/retrorgb?listId=2ZTMQP0SZ7GRK
Original MemCard Pro:
US / North America: https://retrorgb.link/usmemcardpro
- OLED display that shows the mounted memory card, read/write access indicators and network information
- Supports any microSD card, from 1GB to 1TB. Every GB of storage has enough space for approximately 8000 cards
- WiFi connectivity and remote features through a WebUI
- Switch the active channel through a game pad combination or with the card’s physical buttons
- Easy wireless network setup from a wireless device’s web browser, by connecting to its access point
- Supports ODE commands for automatic loading, game info and remote control
- High quality manufacturing with an injection molded shell and hard gold plated fingers
- Load the stored memory cards remotely through the WebUI and manage individual blocks
- Local and Cloud backup functionality through file rotation
- Share saves with your friends
- Download saves and memory cards directly to your MemCard PRO from a URL
- … more surprises!
We have something new for you..#8BitMods proudly presents our first in-house developed hardware for the PlayStation 1!
The MemCard PRO!
It's finally the end of countless memory cards for your favourite console of all time!
— 8BitMods (@8bitmods) February 11, 2021