A new firmware has just been released for the MicroSD-based memory card for the original PlayStation. There’s some bugfixes and one interesting new feature: The ability to log into the card via wifi and a newly integrated FTP server! This means you can back up and swap savegames without even removing the MicroSD! A full list of changes since the previous update, can be found below the links and a full video review from launch day is available above:
Download the new firmware here: https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/beta-ucu9/apps/memcardpro/distribution_groups/public
US / North America Pre-Orders: http://bit.ly/memcardpro
Europe Pre-Orders: https://8bitmods.com/memcard-pro-for-playstation-1
MicroSD Cards (get the cheapest): https://www.amazon.com/shop/retrorgb?listId=2ZTMQP0SZ7GRK
- The MemCard PRO can now host an FTP Server that allows you to browse and manage your SD card files directly through your computer (FTP Client application required – please read the MemCard PRO manual for instructions on how to set up and use)
Bugfixes / Improvements
- (MCU) Increase Wifi request buffer size to potentially fix issues with Chrom on a Mobile device
- (MCU) Fixes an issue with Genko Suikogaiden Vol 1 where the save wouldn’t load
- (MCU) Improve initialisation tasks, remove redundant code
- (MCU) Should now mount “MemoryCard1” when the GameID is Main.exe
- (Database) Add entry for SLPS-03354 – Zanac x Zanac
- (Database) Add entry for SLES-01784 – Yoyo’s Puzzle Park
- (Database) Add entry for SPLS-00891 – Zero Divide 2: The Secret Wish
- (Database) Add entry for SCES-01094 – Zero Divide 2: The Secret Wish
The #MemCardPRO only gets better with every update!
We've added an FTP Server to it so you can remotely manage the SD card contents! You can browse, download, upload, rename VMCs.. you name it!
We've also squeezed some more fixes in there!
— 8BitMods (@8bitmods) August 13, 2022