Redguy, the developer working on SD2SNES SA-1 chip support has posted an update on his progress. At the moment, it looks like it will probably be doable, however SA-1 + MSU-1 is still up in the air, as there might not be enough room to fit both chips in the FPGA. When asked about the current status:
– smrpg has been played through to the end.
– kirby super star has several hours on it.
– super mario legacy and the other sa1 smw hacks are playable.
– Most other games boot, but have limited testing.
– A small set of hacks and games don’t work at all.
– All games have bugs.
No word on a beta release, but I’ll post here as soon as it’s available to the public. Until then, let’s all be thankful of Redguy’s amazing and free contributions to the community!
#sd2snes, #sa-1, #sa1, #redguy