S-Video & Composite Updates
Mike Simone’s S-Video/Composite cores, are now downloadable through the Update All script. Just enable them in the “Unofficial Cores” section.
Also check out the video here on RetroRGB testing out Mike’s adapters that can be used with the cores. These adapters are not required but will give you a much cleaner setup.
- Y/C Cores on Update All : https://twitter.com/MikeSimone3/status/1595283879979802625
- Testing out the YC Adapters : https://www.retrorgb.com/mister-composite-s-video-testing-ptii.html
- YC Core How-to : https://youtu.be/DBy_XPmieKc
- UltimateMiSTer will carry the adapters : https://twitter.com/MikeSimone3/status/1597695457316450305
For the PlayStation core, Robert Peip fixed a soft reset bug. This had the added benefit of solving a color palette bug in Primal Rage.
He also posted a new bug hunt article. In it, he goes through the process of fixing specific bugs in two games. Primal Rage and Castrol Honda Superbike Racing.
- Soft reset bug : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1597928807218188288
- Article tweet : https://twitter.com/AzumFpg/status/1598569185289768962
- Patreon link to article : https://www.patreon.com/posts/one-bug-or-two-75397681
- FPGAZumspass Github: https://github.com/RobertPeip
- FPGAZumspass support page: https://www.patreon.com/FPGAzumSpass
- FPGAZumspass Twitter: https://twitter.com/AzumFpg
Out Run’s frame buffer support is still ongoing. A new version of the core is available that’s clocked at 50MHz, but it exhibits even more graphical glitches.
The New Zealand Story core still needs work before release due to a boot hang.
Bubble Bobble core recieved a slowdown fix.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1598720382537793539
Jimmy Stones has created a mockup of the overlay for the Jet Fighter arcade core. The game actually had no clouds, but Atari used a color overlay to simulate the clouds. That color overlay is what JimmyStone mocked up.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/mrjimmystones/status/1598644986265800705
- Jimmy Stones Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrjimmystones
- Jimmy Stones Github: https://github.com/JimmyStones?tab=repositories
- Jimmy Stones support page: https://ko-fi.com/jimmystones
New MSX1 Core
There’s a new MSX1 core that has been released. Developed by molekula, the main differences between the previous core and this new one are
-The new one is a dedicated MSX1 core. The previous one is a hybrid MSX1/2 core.
-The new core can load floppy and cart images directly
Update your MiSTer now to obtain the core.
- Twitter post : https://twitter.com/josembarroso/status/1598775920713560064
- Forum thread : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?t=3903
Sega Saturn Update
srg320 has made more changes to the Saturn core. This update doesn’t affect game compatibililty, but it does allow you to use an analogue stick to play games that support analog controls.
- Core Download : https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=65052#p65052
- srg320 Twitter: https://twitter.com/srg320_
- srg320 Github: https://github.com/srg320?tab=repositories
- srg320 support page: https://www.patreon.com/srg320/
Video Filters Highlight
I just want to highlight how awesome MiSTer’s video filters are. While browsing twitter I saw a post, @RetroFonse that can really show this off in case you’re on the fence about using them.
- RetroFonse post : https://twitter.com/retrofonse/status/1597880627805638657
Other MiSTer FPGA Updates
Other cores recieving miscellaneous fixes and updates are: