Christof has just released two new firmwares for the DCHDMI and has split future firmware updates: All “standard” firmwares will be 100% up to HDMI specs and will work on all TV’s. “Relaxed” firmwares will have slightly off-spec HDMI timings that may or may not be compatible with your display…however these “relaxed timings” allow for more room in the FPGA for additional features:
v3.0.0 (Relaxed) firmware Features
- Filtered upscaling (HQ2X).
- 480i bob deinterlacing fixed for 960p/1080p output
- RGB color space selection: auto/full/limited
All DCHDMI owners should first update to v2.3.0 (Standard), then decide which is right for them. In my opinion, you should give it a try and see what happens – If your TV isn’t compatible, just flash back to standard.
For more info on the DCHDMI, check out the video below!
DCHDMI Firmware Release v2.3.0/v3.0.0
– Select firmware flavor to switch to new v3.0.0 (Relaxed) firmware, which allows filtered upscaling (HQ2X).
– 480i bob deinterlacing fixed for 960p/1080p output
– RGB color space selection: auto/full/limited pic.twitter.com/zA7A856soG
— chriz2600 (@chriz2600) April 22, 2019