Furrtek has just posted a firmware update for the Neo SD Loader optical drive emulator, for the Neo Geo CD. The most notable features are increased loading speed, as well as support for the front-loading models of the NGCD, as opposed to just the top-loading models. This is excellent news if you have a front-loader!!!
Firmware v0.9b: http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/support/firmware.htm
Support Furrtek: https://www.patreon.com/furrtek
Neo SD Loader Open Source Files: https://github.com/furrtek/NeoCDSDLoader
One thing to note is the original version of this firmware (v0.9) caused a bug with King Of Fighters 98′. If you haven’t upgraded yet from v0.8, just grab the latest file and you’ll be fine. If you already updated, simply re-flash with v0.9b.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Feature: Front-loading consoles support
- Feature: Loading speed increased by 20%
- Feature: Region setting is now applied to the stock BIOS
- Bugfix: Last Blade 2 and Samurai Shodown 4 in-game loading
- Bugfix: Exit from screen saver with start or select
- Bugfix: IGM can be properly controlled by P2
- Bugfix: Increased timeout value for slow SD cards
- Bugfix: Added retries for SD card initialization
- Cheats: Galaxy Fight, Pulstar
- Candy: Loading animation speed setting
- Candy: Changed highlighted text palette
- Candy: LED changes color when writing saves
- CDDA tracks sometimes start playing a bit too late.
- Samurai Spirits RPG does not load.
Emergency bugfix affecting KoF98 for the NeoCD SD Loader firmware v0.9. Please download file and update again: https://t.co/8BrFgu6Ohd
— Furrtek (@furrtek) August 22, 2021